FFG Coyote Swap Motor Mount Kit | 1978-79 F100 4X4
- Designed to install a Coyote engine in your stock 1/2 ton 1978-1979??? Ford F100, or F150 4X4 pickup.
- This kit is for 4X4 Trucks Only - 2X4 Trucks Click Here
- This does not fit the ¾ ton or 1-ton trucks
- This does not fit the F250 High Boy
- Contact us if you have a 1977 4WD truck so we can confirm fitment with your truck
- FREE SHIPPING
Choose OEM or AAM transfer case option below
- OEM=OEM F150 Electronic Transfer Case
- AAM adapter = Advanced Adapter with a Dana, Atlas, etc.
The 1978-79 Ford F100, and F150, 4X4 can be upgraded to slip in a modern Ford Coyote motor from a Mustang GT or the F150 truck. This kit is designed to fit the 2011-2018 Coyote and place it in your Ford truck using the factory suspension and power steering box. The kit also includes the transmission cross-member for the 6R80 and 10R80 automatic transmissions.
The kit is designed to mount the engine in a factory location providing space for the power steering box. Due to the design of the power steering box location, headers can become an issue and custom headers may need to be fabricated.
The kit contains all the hardware needed to install the motor and transmission cross-member. Some drilling is required into the original front cross-member, but usually can be installed in less than a few hours. Instructions and templates are included. Product photos show the kit powder coated as an example but are shipped raw steel.
Install instructions download: 78-79 4WD F100 & F150 Coyote Swap Kit Instructions